This is not a software development or programmer position.
Computrols is seeking a senior level Control Systems Engineer to join our dynamic team made up of motivated, dedicated, and action-oriented individuals.
As a Controls Engineer at Computrols, you will be supporting a nationwide team of talented people while working out of our Gretna, LA headquarters. This individual will be engaged in a variety of roles including, but not be limited to: the design, configuration, operation, and estimating of HVAC Controls, Fire Alarm, Access Control, and other low voltage systems.
Analyze client needs and determine best system solution from within
Computrols’ product offerings.
- Develop system layouts and generate complete equipment/materials/labor take-offs from MEP drawings, specifications, and/or communications with end users.
- Put together precise scope of work descriptions and compose winning proposals.
- Make site visits for project development, system commissioning and/or implementation.
- Accurately communicate technical and system design information to customers, consultants, subcontractors, and Computrols’ technicians.
- Generate and coordinate commissioning documents, submittals, and other detailed technical information.
- Assist with project management duties for projects which proceed through the acceptance phase. Including, but not limited to, coordination of system
installation and adherence to project specification standards. Provide internal and external customer support.
- Serve as an engaged, motivated, and collaborative team member or team leader.
Engineering degree or BS/BA degree with demonstrated working
experience within the Building Automation industry.
- Successful track record with a minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – strong communication skills are vital to success in this role.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Comfort in working in a collaborative, cross-functional team capacity. You will be at the center of our entire operation, constantly interacting with internal teammates and external customers.
- A working knowledge of HVAC, including but not limited to, refrigeration cycles, thermodynamic principles, and energy management theory would be preferred.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and using it to generate 2D flow diagrams and equipment drawings.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Required)
Work Location: In person