We are seeking a Technical Support Engineer with a strong background in Building Automation Systems to join our technical support team. In this role, you will lead all internal and external technical support specifically focused on Computrols Building Automation Systems. You will also be responsible for generating RMA’s, creating technical support literature, and answering phones. The ideal candidate will be customer service-oriented, have a get it done attitude, and be motivated to enhance and grow the department. The ideal candidate will be responsible for configuring and troubleshooting our product to resolve our customers’ technical issues. You will support the customer by acting as the liaison between the customer and other internal teams.
- Reproduce customer environment and run tests
- Manage and address electronic tickets efficiently
- Liaise between multiple internal teams and customers to properly address customer problems
- Troubleshoot and configure software and hardware
- Lead all internal and external technical support specifically focused on Computrols Building Automation Systems
- Handle case management and case escalations to ensure customer issues are resolved in a
- Generate RMA’s for products that require repair or replacement
- Create technical support literature in many forms including but not limited to: internal knowledge base, monthly technical newsletter articles, user manuals, how-to guides, etc Utilize Logmein, TeamViewer, and Netsuite and other software applications as a part of daily operations
- Answer phones and provide excellent customer service to resolve customer inquiries and
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify opportunities for improvement in products, processes, and systems
- Grow and lead department innovation, including implementing new tools and processes for Online Chat, Case Management, Case Follow-Up, and Case Escalations.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
- At least 3 years of experience in technical support focused on Building Automation
- Strong networking background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work alone or within a team environment
- Motivated to enhance and grow the department
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Customer service-oriented with a passion for helping customers resolve their technical issues
If you have a passion for providing excellent technical support to customers and are motivated to
grow and enhance the department, then we want to hear from you!